advertising

advertising
adverts

advertising

advertising
adverts

advertising

advertising
adverts

Friday 5 February 2016

UP CLOSE WITH favorite BoI-EL-H

JAYZGIST: Let's meet yu
EL-H: Ademoye Olanrewaju, graduate of English and International studies, cool headed and a lover of music.
JAYZGIST- Waoh!!! What kind of music you doing?
EL-H: Afro Hip-hop
JAYZGIST: WHY do choose this kind of genre?
EL-H: Hip-hop itself is a culture which entails Rap music and a lot more...if you know me too well you would know am versatile, that I like experimenting with this and that...plus my identity should show in whatever I do, that's where the Afro part comes in making it Afro-Hip-Hop
JAYZGIST: In your opinion, what is the most difficult part of the process of delivering to your fans?
EL-H: wow...first of all the general perspective of fans giving a preference to 'danceable jams' has shaped most rappers to become singers. ..at such trying to do what it is that's not your style is quite an herculean task.....on the scale #Rapmusic I just try and beat my former self which could be hard and fun too...thanks to all of them.
JAYZGIST- Your stage name?
EL-H: EL-H
JAYZGIST: What led to the choice of this name?
EL-H: ermm....I've been a devil in Rapping from my younger days, so my eldest cousin then called me Larry Hoover....then I rebranded it to EL-H initials of Larry Hoover (L.H) with the E standing as an Exception from all others...EL-H sounds the same as L-H
JAYZGIST: How will you rate fans acceptance to your style of music
EL-H: 100%...That is why they are my fans...They love me and they love Good Music....big shoutout to them!
JAYZGIST: Cool, Is there anybody you wanna be like currently in d music industry?
EL-H: I inspire me. Respect to every other person keeping it real tho.
JAYZGIST: Presently, can we know your top 5 artiste in Nigeria
EL-H- errm artiste...currently
5. Nosa
: 4.Tuface
3. M.I
2 Brymo
1.Vector
JAYZGIST- TOP 5 Rappers
EL-H- Ehmmmm. Rappers
5.oladips
4.illbliss
3.yungsix
2.M.I
1 Vector.
JAYZGIST: Any personal ambitions yet unattained?
EL-H: too much of them....we've not started anything sef.
JAYZGIST: What challenges have you had to face in your chosen career?
EL-H: Finances are massive, help and support is rare unless you have personal relationship with them, the typical audience attitude to an upcoming artiste could be harsh and disheartening sometimes too...but at such God has been strength, we still here.
JAYZGIST: Is there any new project you’re working on that you can talk about?
EL-H: yeaaa!!...am working on my E.P!!!!  and trust me it gonna wow your mind, couple of names are going to be on it, including a Canadian act...different sounds, different tunes...am so excited about it tho!...and m sure y'all would love it.
JAYZGIST: Yu'v  been in the game for how many years now? And how was growing up like?
EL-H errm I have been in the game like forever (laughs)..But officially it is my third year running. growing up has been fun, coming with its ups and downs...but with the present level we are now...it is with a thankful mind to God.
JAYZGIST: How was the tussle between your education and music?
EL-H: Life is all about priorities....when I was in school my priority was my education but I ran my music the little the way i could, it quite tasking having to read, pen down some lyrics, travelling to record, preparing for exams, trying to mind my behaviour regards my reputation, the several pressures on both education and music, juggling it wasn't easy mehn!..But we thank God we no carry last for both of them (Nigga's grade wasn't bad and I was arguably the best artiste in school)
JAYZGIST: Were you chanced to perform at shows in school?
EL-H: lolll...The shows weren't that much...but the people always wanted to see the brand...so we performed when and where was needed...Thank God for the good people, Team4sight and goodmusic
JAYZGIST: Tell us more about team4sight
EL-H: Team4sight is a body of focused and determined guys, as the name implies 4sight (foresight) four in number who have goals and aspirations regards Entertainment....This is the brand that has been responsible for the growth and every other thing about the brand EL-H....they are my family...I salute them,#Nlanla for them biko.
JAYZGIST: Good!!! how do you handle your female fans?
EL-H: hehehehe....they are lovely people who love larry for his personality and music...padi mi ni won and we good like that.
JAYZGIST: Let's have your top 5 songs on your playlist
EL-H: ummmmm...I like this
5. oladips- Hello
4.Vector -Emi
3. Brymo - in the city
2. El-h ft Wale - HeadsUp
1. Nosa- I go stay.
JAYZGIST: Who is your celebrity crush?
EL-H: Rihaaaaannaaa!!!!
JAYZGIST: How many tracks do you have on ground? and what are d inspirations behind them?
EL-H: Nine released...with many more unreleased, as a writer I pencil down my lyrics based on my mood, feeling or mere imagination, my environment and the happenings around me influences me too. God inspires me, my family and friends, my fans are my encouragement,cdetermined and focused people inspire me, at such...successful people inspire.
JAYZGIST: what message does your music conveys to people?

EL-H : as I said earlier.am versatile...I write to balance the relationship between various listeners but I try as much as possible to be of positive influence to myself and the community
JAYZGIST: Describe your dream girl
EL-H: ermm ma dream girl is a best-friend, supportive, has her own aspirations and dreams too, focused and hardworking, intelligent, know God, has a good body, understanding, fun to be with, generally somebody I flow with sha, somebody we share a lot of things and as I said earlier...my own BEST FRIEND.
JAYZGIST: What is your best fashion trend?
EL-H: I have none, I'm my own fashion trender. I matchup whatever I feel like so far I'm comfortable in it....but I have a soft spot for Denim, Adidas and Nike footies and rubber wristwatches.
JAYZGIST: Your best fashion designer
EL-H: Dsquared and fred-pierre...away from this, omo na my own personal guy oo...the guy fit run anything!
JAYZGIST: Any award so far?
EL-H: NASELS ARTISTE OF THE YEAR 2015
JAYZGIST: Events you will like to perform?
EL-H: The Grammies, Felabration, Soldout Concerts, The headies and the likes mehn....
JAYZGIST: Have you ever dreamt of running out of lyrics?
EL-H: my biggest fear is failure mehn...but the lyrics comes naturally and anything natural is real. e no dey finish
JAYZGIST: A little freestyle using d magazine name JAYZGIST
EL H: errm ryt now we on to JayGist
fire all day..my guy we stay LIT
neva put ur feet if the shoes dnt FIT
na we b main thing yea..all of dem com SKIT
yoo...we dope like JAY wit the GIST no Zzz...
sharray to snopeny, jayjay nd slimzy make una take FIST/
entertainment at tz best..yh yh jayzgist/
im el-h nd u cn also call me larryhoover/
i drop t like tz hot..i'm in a relationship wit d cooker/
I bring fire sha..probably m like bazzoka/
the only thing I see abt me is being head bi logo medusa!/

0 comments :

Post a Comment